Wednesday, July 20, 2011

When We Left Earth



Over the last week, I have shared some educational links in honor of the U.S. Space Shuttle program.

Just as interesting as the science, behind our space age, is the history.  "When We Left Earth" is a six part video series created by The Discovery Channel that reviews the American Space Age, from the Mercury rockets to the Space Shuttle.  It is riveting to watch and the live interviews of astronauts and control room operators made me feel as though I had travelled back in time.

We watched this on Netflix and when it was over I had a strong desire to drive to Cap Canaveral.  If you are looking for some good family TV viewing I highly recommend this series.

And if you are interested in making this a more focused learning opportunity here is the link to the study guide that Discovery created.

http://school.discoveryeducation.com/teachersguides/pdf/science/ds/WWLE_3Landing%20the%20Eagle.pdf
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...