If you'd like to be interviewed in the Who Home Schools? section of Hammock Tracks please complete the following questionnaire and email it to savannahmcqueen at ymail dot com
Please include a picture in your response. It can be of your children, a stack of curriculum that you use, an art project recently (or not so recently) completed, your house, your family name or school name printed on a sheet of paper, or your school room. Use your imagination and know that I am fairly receptive to whatever you come up with.
Let me know if you would like me to link this interview to your blog. If you do want me to link to your site, would you be kind enough to post on your blog that you were interviewed on Hammock Tracks Home School and direct your readers to it?
Answer as many of these as you would like. Please know that I am not trying to be invasive or too personal with these questions. I am just trying to create a picture of you and your family. If you’d rather not answer a question, please don’t. I will not be offended.
As the creator of Hammock Tracks Home School, I reserve the right to delete any portion of this interview.
- How did you end up deciding to teach your children at home? Have they always been home schooled or did they attend school outside the home, at one point?
- Summarize how you reached this decision.
- What is your goal in home educating your children?
- Do your children have extra curricular activities? If so, what are they?
- Have you ever hired someone to teach a subject to your children? If so, why?
- Have you graduated a child? Do you plan to teach through high school?
- Do you have a defined style of instruction such as Classical, montessori, unschooling, or Charlotte Mason? Are you willing to share how you decided to use this method?
- What does your schedule look like? Do you start early and finish just after lunch? Or do you start later in the day? Do you teach through the summer? And if so, why?
- Do you home school for religious reasons? If so what religion are you?
- Do you have a vision statement for your home school? If so, what is it?
- If you were to recommend a book(s) to a new or prospective home school parent, what would you choose?
- What was your number one concern or worry when you started out on this endeavor? Has it continued to be your main issue? Why has it changed?
- What aspect of home schooling do you enjoy the most? What part do you greatly dislike?
- Are/Were there any subjects that you felt incapable of adequately teaching? Have you overcome this? If so can you explain how you have achieved this?
- Is there anything that you would like others to know about your home schooling?