Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Biography Books by DK - BAM Discount Card

Recently, while wandering the aisles of Books-A-Million, I found a new series for my children.  I do most of my book buying online, but I adore touching and smelling books, so occasionally I'll drop into BAM for a few minutes.  I have a BAM teacher's discount card that offers 20% off your purchase, toward anything you need for school.  If you home educate and can offer documentation as such, these cards are free.

This series is called, "A Photographic Story of a Life."  We purchased Albert Einstein, Thomas Jefferson and Helen Keller.  They were on sale, such that if you bought two, you got one free, for a total of about $10.


These are what I call intermediate readers.  The words are easy and there are plenty of pictures and vocabulary boxes.


They are about the size of a novel.


Other biographies in the series are: Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi, Benjamin Franklin, Marie Curie, Amelia Earhart, Thomas Edison, George Washington, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, John F. Kennedy, Harriet Tubman and many more.

I would recommend these for ages 9 and up, however, I think any age would enjoy getting a quick overview of these famous people with these biographies.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...