Friday, August 12, 2011

Shel Silverstein

Every now and then I stumble across something on the internet that makes me grateful for the web.  Today I was looking for a poem and found the Shel Silverstein site.  It is fun (as we would expect from his site) and very educational.  I am not a poet and any help I can get to develop poetry in my children is welcomed.  Who better to inspire our children in the art of poetry, than Mr. Silverstein?

There are teacher guides, downloads, coloring pages and e-cards.


About page for the famous poet.


Link to the iPhone app....oh so much fun.  The kiddos have been playing with it while I cooked breakfast.


There are animated clips from his books, so kids can see them and learn which they want to buy next.



And games and puzzles in, "The Kids Only" section.



Just Check it out!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...