Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lapbooking Help Wanted


Recently I was trying to find some resources online to teach American Government.  I came across something known as lapbooking.  I had never heard of this before but I am very interested in learning more.  So, I will be featuring more about this new concept throughout the week.
Please post your thoughts and your experiences with this teaching tool.  All helpful ideas and hints are welcome.

Following are some links to help you explore this more.


Spice up your learning by making lapbooks!


Lapbooking can be done by any learner-- from preschoolers to adults. With this educational method, you make mini-books covering details that you've studied. After making a variety of mini-books about a larger topic, all the books are put together in a large folder. The finished product is called a lapbook because it's large and covers your lap.

The completed lapbook will serve as a review tool as your children refer to it over and over again. And if you have to keep a homeschool portfolio to document learning each year, lapbooks can be a very impressive addition.
From Lapbooking
Retrieved on March 30, 2010


Links:

General Lapbooking information - http://www.squidoo.com/lapbooking
                                        



Be sure to enter my lapbooking contest by leaving your ideas or thoughts in the comment section after this post.  I will be giving away a professional 8x10 print of the following image.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great project for kids and adults to apply what they've learned. I think all kids like art projects...maybe a great way to recycle some old magazines or newspapers. I'd like to see my kiddo's do this for their school projects...it would give them a chance to really dissect the subject kind of like how our brain does. I think this is a very inventive idea and I'd love to hear what your kids think.. Thanks for sharing...and yes I love this photo...please put my name in the hat - Amy Eldridge

Modern Mia said...

Hmmmm...you're starting to change my mind about lapbooking. It might be interesting to try with my oldest.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...