Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
I've been thriving.  My hormones seem to have stabilized and I was able to ride my bike and went for a jog with my oldest son.  I guess you could call it a jog.  My girlfriend's term - wog, might be a better description of the half walk, part limp and even smaller part jog that I did.  But, at least I was able to complete it and I will do more in the days to come.  I'm determined to kick Sunday off with a long bike ride.
In our homeschool this week…
We did a lot of school on the run as there seemed to be a lot of errands, appointments and commitments to complete. Which leads me to my next comment.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I've learned that on weeks that there is a lot of life to live and very little time to teach that I should just go ahead and pack a bag of school work for the road.  This is a bag that holds the school items that my younger two children can do in the car or at the doctor's office.  If we are fortunate enough to be at home we can work from the bag, but when we need to run it is ready to go.  I try to include essentials such as a Bible, math work, phonics for my youngest, and language lessons for my son.  If we only "do" the bag then we have still done the basics for the day.  And many time I find that if I have completed the bag while we are out, I can do the other classes when we get home.
I am inspired by…
...the cool weather that blew in last night.
Questions/thoughts I have…
Should I dye my hair red now, or wait until there are even more gray hairs?  What is the breaking point?  If I start too soon will I grow weary of trying to keep up with it?  Decisions...Decisions
Things I’m working on…
...recording cooking classes for my recipe blog - Savannah's Savory Bites.
I’m reading…
The Red Badge of Courage
I’m cooking…
...lots of chicken and pumpkin.  I'm cooking the pumpkin because its fall and I am inspired by the change in temperatures, and chicken because it was on sale.  My newest recipe is Butterflied and Roasted Chicken.
I’m grateful for…
...the change in seasons.  See a pattern here?
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Click below for a good chuckle.  This is an older couple that is trying to learn how to use the video camera on their computer.  What they don't realize is that they are recording their efforts to record!

This post is linked to The Home School Chick.

1 comment:

katie at brighton park said...

Isnt that webcam for seniors the funniest? I started this year (at 40) regularly coloring to hide my gray. I dont love the upkeep, but i like the maintenance more than i liked the gray hairs that seemed to be multiplying. men look "distinguished" with gray. sadly, that was not the case with me! stopping by from the HMJ.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...