Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"A Homeschool Mom Asks..."

Welcome to a new Hammock Home School weekly feature - "A Homeschool Mom Asks..."

I am hoping that in the weeks to come we can explore questions posed by home educating mothers.  If you are a home school parent, make sure and stop by on Tuesdays and leave your much needed thoughts.  No answer is wrong, as long as it is courteous and kind.  Let's put our collective experience together and provide insightful answers.

Of course if you have a question that you'd like to see posted, you can send them to me - Savannah McQueen.

Here is Amanda's delimna

I am really wanting to use the Charlotte Mason method of teaching for my children (11yrs and 7yrs). The only thing I am struggling with is the history part. I really want to incorporate the Bible with the History. But being that I had a mediocre history background and not being brought up studying the Bible, it confuses me as to how to incorporate the two. Does anyone have a chart or know of one on line that can help me do that.  For example, what book of the bible goes along with what time frame? I do understand that it is going to go along with the Ancient History and then it is just studying the bible. In my research, I have learned that combining the two is hard because of conflicting dates and beliefs. I am from a young earth perspective if that helps.  Any help would be apreciated!

If you would like to receive all of the Hammock Track posts in your inbox:

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...