Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Top Ten Challenges to being a Homeschool Mum
The Top Ten Challenges of Being a Homeschool Mum...
1. Realizing that pencils will constantly roll off the desk, and any focus that you had established will be gone while the student wiggles under the table to retrieve it.
2. Providing enough pencils at the start of each day, without burning up the pencil sharpener, so that no one has to climb under the table to retrieve pencils, until the end of the day.
3. Playing the roll of dean, custodian, cafeteria lady, phonics, algebra, and P.E. instructor...in one day.
4. Realizing that no matter how well a particular curriculum works for another family, or even another sibling, that doesn't make it a good fit for all/any of your children.
5. Finding space in your house to store all of the school supplies you bought at the beginning of the year, while they were on sale.
6. Keeping the kids out of the school supplies so that they do in fact last the whole school year.
7. Finding what motivates each of your children and developing their strengths.
8. Dealing with the reality that building your child's character is far harder than teaching Algebra.
9. Not having a nervous breakdown when you realize that every flat surface in your house is covered in science projects, models, or art work.
10. Deciding that you do not care that you are eating lunch on one end of the dining room table, because the other end is covered in school work.
This post is linked here - http://ohamanda.com/2011/08/29/green-your-fall-top-ten/