Friday, September 2, 2011

My Week

Next Friday I will return to the habit of posting a thought provoking home school related question.

On a lighter note I have linked up with the homeschool chick who has offered these quick questions as a view into our week.

In my life this week...
We officially started school this week.  We used my new schedule, which is very unscheduled, and it was the best first week back, ever.

In our homeschool this week...
We enjoyed using "Oral Language Lessons" by Abeka.  I've had this book for a long while but I haven't used it until this week.  I am impressed and I will post more about it next week.

Helpful Homeschool tips...
I try to always make more dinner than we can eat so that the leftovers can be lunch the next day.  That way I do not have to cook lunch or feed the kids sandwiches.  Lunch meat gets very expensive for a family of six.

I am inspired by...
this post  - Life Lessons from Sir John Marks Templeton.

Places we're going and people we are seeing...
We are aren't going anywhere, but we are going to watch football games on TV this weekend.

My favorite thing this week was...
Watching the kids have a great first day of school.  After many years of homeschooling I've never seen them return with such enthusiasm.  It was great to see my daughter excited as she learned to rhyme words.  It clicked!

What's not working...
House breaking our two new Boykin Spaniels.  Oh my...

Thoughts I have...
This quote has stayed with me all week - You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note.

Things I am working on...
See previous comment about spaniels and what's not working.

I'm cooking...
I fried chicken tonight and baked nine loaves of bread.  Eight loaves went into the freezer to be cooked as needed in the coming days.  I hope they last for the next week.  One can hope!

I'm grateful for...
cooler weather

I am praying for...
...a friend in New Orleans who has breast cancer.  Our children were in kindergarten together.

And here is a picture, I took on an early morning bike ride, for your enjoyment...



The Homeschool Mother's Journal

This post linked here - http://amysfinerthings.com/one-finer-things-friday

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a BEAUTIFUL photo! I might bike ride to see something like that! Inspiring! LOL

Training puppies has always been my least favorite thing about getting a new dog! My son, at 7, trained our last puppy. He did an AWESOME job!

Stopping by from THMJ!

kelli- AdventurezinChildRearing said...

I found you by accident- but it turns out we have a lot in common! like- HSMJ! I just posted- and THL - I'm a member (trying to be more active there) and Heart of the Matter- not to mention HipHomeSchoolMoms! :) happy to meet you- new follower-

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...